There is only so much “Cars” story-telling I can take. EG Dad says “Cars 2” is just as bad, even if it is about spies and big badda-booms.
However, there are limited CDs that EG Inc can agree on for the car. In fact, it’s a toss-up between the torture of the CD-choice and the torture of the argument making that choice.
Enter Rhys Muldoon and his album “I’m Not Singing“.
I swear, Rhys – contact me. With your amazing ability to appease EVERYONE in EG Inc, and my genius with subliminal messages… We will take over the WORLD!!
Now, let it be noted – I receive no commission for this post whatsoever. In fact, special Honorary Mention must be given to Reservoir Dad and his fantastic ability to convince me to buy the album. He originally gave 10 reasons; I had my credit card out at #4.
You are probably wondering what makes this album so worthy of an EGP Award? Such insolence… Nevertheless, the album passed a number of essential tests:
- Nefarious was singing the song in public, after only 2 listen-throughs, and he is usually not musically inclined. Nothing better than hearing your 3yo spawnling sing “Apples and Bananas, and Apricots too / All adds up to a very big poo” in the middle of the fruit/veg section of Woolworths;
- Sinister and Nefarious have both asked for EG Dad to take them to the Football – purely because of Footy Dad;
- When EG Dad hopped in the car alone, he seriously considered playing the album;
- All of EG Inc are interested a supporting concert (complete with 3yo-Mosh Pit), and subsequent follow-up album. If Rhys could team up with Kram (Spiderbait) for this one, who the hell will he coerce next time?!?
Rhys – you evil bastard. I’ve always known you had EG potential after listening to “Gay School” on Triple J mornings many years ago. But now you are actively selling items in the children’s market that you know are irresistible to the adults (those who supposedly control the purse strings).
Evil, evil man.
Evil Genius Parent Award #14. Well-deserved.
Evil Genius Mum
Evil Genius Mum
- Taking over the world, one blog post at a time