The next big event on my
social calendar work-duty list is the EB Games Expo, starting next week on Friday 30 September. I’m heading in for the day, under the codename “Official GeekMom Writer”, which should improve my chances of scoring some playtime with ‘yet-to-be-released’ computer games. My preview expectations is up on GeekDad/GeekMom.
In the meantime, Microsoft is doing their own special lead-up to the Expo with Xbox Fanfest: Sydney 2016.
The Good News: Fanfest is totally free. I kid you not. This is a free event and it comes with some pretty cool stuff. More on that in a minute.
The Bad News: Tickets are limited to the first 250 people who turn up at the Microsoft Store in Pitt Street Mall at 10.30am Tuesday 27 September. Tickets will be first-come-first-serve, one per person, adult only (no kids AT ALL), and must be there in person ready to go for the next three (3) days.
If you do happen to satisfy all the criteria (including the insanity of lining up early enough to gain the ticket), then you have this to look forward to:
- A special Forza Horizon 3 launch event at Sydney Dragway (Tuesday afternoon – transport provided);
- A secret Wednesday activity for Gears of War 4 (late Wednesday afternoon);
- Exclusive early access to the Xbox booth at EB Games Expo (Thursday night);
- Fan swag, Xbox fan shirt, and other loot;
- Meet and greet with some top-notch developers.
Let me know if you score a ticket, Willy Wonka style. If not, don’t stress. There is still EB Games Expo starting on Friday 30 September.
I’ll see you there.
Categories: Managing Evil Genius Inc.
Evil Genius Mum
Evil Genius Mum
- Taking over the world, one blog post at a time